SAHRR

 SAHRR is an acronym for Stay At Home Round Robin.  A few quilters in the Stashbusters group is just beginning one.  There will be 7 rounds and each week a design for the next round is revealed.  

We're all making our own, rather than following the tradition of passing them around to different quilters to complete progressive rounds.  There are guidelines but not rules and, you can skip rounds or add something different.  It'll be interesting to see the different interpretations of the same design each week.

I'm choosing to do rows rather than rounds.  One row is quicker than adding four sides, especially as the quilt grows in size.  Speaking of size, round robins can quickly turn into very big quilts and I think I will be able to control the size a little better with rows.

There are 7 rounds/rows so I'm going to make a Thanksgiving inspired quilt using this turkey trot pattern by Sandy Gervais for Riley Blake Designs.

I have Hallloween quilts (3 are UFOs that I'll be working to finish soon) and Christmas but, no Thanksgiving so I'm looking forward to it.

The only way I could justify a new start to myself is by combining it with a UFO.  I'm determined to continue working on them and this is one I'm just not inspired to complete.  I'll be using some of the parts I've already completed to use in the SAHRR and reconstructing a few others.

Here's what the original pattern for my UFO #19 looks like.  It's Harvest Time by Thimbleberries.




No comments: