One UFO = three quilts

 This is the third quilt from the UFO formerly known as Safe Haven.  I'm sure I have enough scraps for a 4th quilt but, I'm getting a little tired of looking at these fabrics.  They'll get put away with the left over border fabric for another day (year?).

This one is probably my favorite of the three. I saw a quilt photo posted on Jinny Beyer Studio's Instagram and knew is would be perfect for the pieces from the UFO monthly kits, especially to use up a lot of skinny 1/8 yard pieces of background.  

This quilt measures 58" x 70".  Feels great to mark off a second UFO only halfway through the first month of the year!

I practiced another free motion quilting design - echo swirls. (Second photo) This one also needs a lot more practice but, I had fun doing it and in the end, isn't that what it's all about? 





No comments: