Videos

Yesterday I posted some still photos of my sewing room and a couple of upcycled  storage object in it.  Here's a link to that post. 

I had to break the videos into 3 segments.  I'm not at all good with a camera so I hope you don't get dizzy trying to watch it!

Yesterday I said the room was 13' x 10'.  I need to correct that.  It's actually 14 1/2' x 10'.  

If you have any questions about anything please ask.  I'm still learning how to use Blogger and not sure yet how to reply by e-mail.  So, if you leave a comment with a question, I'll reply directly to the comment.  


Correction:  The quilt over the cutting table was a pattern by Carly Bryer Fallert (the Jinny Beyer little wall hanging, Ribbons is on an opposite wall).






 



This quilt was made with an X-Block Ruler and this partial seam quilt block patten.  It was part of a local quilt shop challenge a few years ago to create something using solid colors.  I love spectrum quilts and this one is probably my favorite.



Woven Ribbons quilt by Jinny Beyer.  She has a really good video on You Tube on mitered borders here.



This little quilt is called Tighten the Tension by Chris Gilman.



I found the little socks and tennis shoes at an online doll store but it was several years ago so I don't remember which one.


This paper-pieced Illusion quilt pattern by Caryl Bryer Fallert is no longer available.  (It does show up from time to time on eBay.)  She closed her shop in 2014 when she moved to Washington state.  She still creates art quilts and you can follow her work by signing up for the newsletter on her website, Bryerpatch Studio.



The pattern for this quilt is Shenandoah by Creative Sewlutions .  In the video I mistakenly said it was a panel. It's actually Hoffman Skyline printed fabric by the yard.  


And, this last little quilt didn't make the video.  It's hanging pretty high, above my design wall.

I first saw this is in a magazine.  Angela Bowman had made one with the word "MAKE".  I wanted to make mine with the word "CREATE".  She mentioned using an old 1980's font called Edit Undo Line Break.  So, I downloaded the font thinking I'd just graph out the extra letters.  But, when I tried different sizes of the font, I found that 800 font size printed perfectly.  All I had to do was measure the pieces and add 1/2" seam allowances.  

The ombre letters weren't very legible so, I remade it with some oddball Kona jelly roll strips I had.  (Each letter took less than one strip).  When I took the photo and could see if from a distance I liked them both!  My husband said I should add "Re-" to the second one for Create and Re-create.  Funny Guy!  But, I'm still thinking about it.



Here's a photo of both wall hangings.


This is what the printed letters look like. 

 

It finished at about 8 1/2" x 40" so only took a skinny quarter yard for the backing.  I used 1/2 yard of background fabric but, that included the binding.  I chose to finish it with a 1 1/4" single fold binding since it's only a decorative piece.  

Here are the details in case anyone wants to save the idea too.   I'm thinking it would be cute to insert my granddaughter's name "EMMA" on the back of a quilt for her.
  • Background, colored strips, spacing strips between letters, and border strips all cut at 1" wide 
  • The letter blocks are unfinished 8" x 6 1/2"
  • Each letter is made with 8 colored strips and 7 background strips.

I quilted it with the wavy serpentine stitch in the background rows.  Super easy!!














3 comments:

Nann said...

Thanks for the tour, Pat!

Time To Quilt said...

It was fun to do! That little drafting table was such a lucky find. What makes it even better is I think I only paid around $15 for it and it was absolutely in great shape.

gudrun said...

You have made some awesome quilts. Thank you for a look at a bit of tour world. It is very brave of you.