White bean chili

 The pandemic has forced me to change how often I go grocery shopping.  Losing weight has forced me to plan ahead.  It's easier to make the "right" food choice if all you have to do is take it out of the freezer and pop it in the microwave!

I have about 5 different go-to meals now that I prepare in batches and freeze. I'd like to try stir fry next.

Today I tried a recipe posted at Skinny Taste for white bean chili with ground turkey in my Instapot.  It was good!  I'm not ready to admit yet that I didn't know ahead of time it's not made with tomatoes like regular chili.   I did change the amount of lean ground turkey from 3 pounds to 1 pound and reduced the number of servings to eight.  

I'm a new fan of frozen onions and peppers. So much easier to use and the price is comparable to buying them fresh and you don't have to worry about them going bad if you don't use them right away!









.  

No comments: