Remembering Roscoe


Quilting has taken a back seat the last two months but, I've been trying to get going again. 

We've been working on the house and doing some gardening.  What's really kept me away from the sewing room though was my beautiful, gentle giant, Roscoe, passing away.  It wasn't unexpected but, I loved him dearly and miss him every. single. day. 


My heart just wasn't into doing much of anything.  It took all the willpower I had to force myself back into the sewing room to finish a 5 Yard Quilt UFO  I had been working on.  As soon that was done, I set out to make a quilt to honor the memory of my golden boy.  I can't speak for all quilters but I believe I'm not the only one that pours all my emotions, both good and bad, into a quilt.



The quilt pattern is Falling in Love Again by Fabriculous.  I even found the same onyx and graphite Confetti ombre fabric by V and Co. shown on the pattern cover. They were perfect for this quilt. I inserted a paper-pieced paw print by Paper Panache into the center of the heart. It was a little tricky making a 4" square with metallic fabric (you aren't supposed to use a hot iron on it) but, I managed okay and it turned out just as I'd hoped.  The pantograph is Sound Wave by Urban Elementz.



The quilt is only 34" x 44" so I didn't need a wide backing fabric for it but I fell in love with this one by Windham Fabrics.   I laid a quarter on it to show how big the paw prints are (black and grey fabric) compared to another paw print fabric I have (multi color print).  It was then that I noticed they all looked like hearts. 

My sister always says "you get what you need when you need it".  Making this quilt is exactly what I needed.

1 comment:

hared said...

Thank you for sharing your special quilt on Stashbusters, Pat. Pets are the best!