Catching up?

I'm not sure you can ever really "catch up"  or make up for lost time.  Instead, I'll just say I'm beginning again after being missing in action for a bit.  I've been doing some sewing and took a nice vacation.  I'll share where we went and what I've done in the way of quilting in future posts.

I have some finishes to share.   I'll just check them off my 2021 Quilt Goals page with the date I post them here since I don't remember each specific date completed. 

This one was started quite a long time ago.  I had purchased my first piece of ombre fabric and wasn't quite sure what I wanted to make with it.  There weren't any patterns out at the time featuring ombre fabrics.  

One of the family members we went on vacation with is an extremely talented budding artist.  I thought of her when I saw the quilt blocks on the shelf and decided to finish it to give to her.  I'm hoping she'll like it.  


The back looks sort of like a stained glass design and has a lot of color and pattern.  I thought it would work well with the more simple pattern design of the quilt top.  Quilted with freehand meandering.


If you've noticed, the binding is super wide! It's the widest binding I've ever applied.  I began with a standard size and had it half stitched down by hand.  It just didn't look right on the quilt.  So, I removed it and replaced with one that would finish the same width at the black strips in the quilt.  I'm glad I did. I think it turned out much better!

4 comments:

swooze said...

It’s beautiful!

Quilty bird said...

I love this quilt! The front AND the back! Well done.

Time To Quilt said...

Thank you. Ombre quilts sure have come a long, long way!

Time To Quilt said...

Thanks and it's funny, I've had that big piece of fabric on my shelf for a while now. I'm glad to have found it a home! :-)