Auditioning borders

One of the items on my FAB 4 list this week was to get the borders on this Scrub Busting Series flimsy.




  I have a cut off from an extra wide backing also in my scrap bin that I'm going to try and make work.  


While this may look like an awful lot of solids to be in scraps, it came from
 this piece of Michael Miller 54" wide fabric I purchased at the LQS last year sale.  


I had bought it to make the Good Vibrations quilt, a UFO, that I finished last month.


Those were some long strips from *I think* a piece of 5 yard fabric. They were the scraps still on my cutting board when I decided to start the series so I wanted to use them up rather than toss them in with the rest of the scraps.  

Sometimes it's hard to continue on with a quilt once you see how it's going to turn out.  All I really want to do is go start the next one!  

No comments: