FAB 4 Week #39

 I didn't reach all my goals this week.  I spent too much time playing around with the Turkey Trot SAHRR (stay at home round/row robin).  I'm wanting to applique a squirrel on a tree branch (piano keys) but, couldn't find a pattern I liked so I've been trying to draw my own.


My husband built this feeder for me last year so, I've had plenty of time to watch squirrels up close and personal.  
 

Another idea came to mind to use two colors of ombre fabric for the piano keys so it looks like an intertwining tree branch.  The squirrel will be the same civil war type fabrics as the turkey.  I'm hoping by using deep colors like burgundy and forest green ombre mixing the two types of fabric will work out okay.  If not, it'll be back to "Plan A".


I really want to finish a lot more UFOs before the end of the year so the SAHRR will have to take a back seat.  I'll work on it a little at a time but, I can't let it consume so much of my day that nothing else gets done!  We put up a LOT of decorations for both Halloween and Christmas each year so the time to quilt will be getting shorter and shorter from here on out.

Here are my FAB 4 goals for this week:

Week #39

  1. Quilt UFO #13
  2. Bind it
  3. Piece row 2 (plus signs) for SAHRR
  4. Set Blue String Blocks into top (rolled over from last week)

And, here's how last week went:

Week #38

  1. Quilt August random UFO #11 Done!
  2. Bind it Done!
  3. Piece center/row for SAHRR Done!
  4. Set Blue String Blocks into top Rolled over to next week, quilted about bound September Random UFO #17 instead
I went to my quilt guild meeting yesterday, then it rained the rest of the afternoon.  *Hopefully* I can get a photo taken of UFO #17 that I finished this week and post it later today.

You can see the quilts I've finished so far this week here. And, my  list of UFOs here.   I've already planned which 12 I'll roll over to 2022 and I *hope* to finish the rest of the list before then!

I'm trying to learn how to insert a table for the finished quilt photos so I can put three photos per row.  So far, I can't even figure out how to add a "follow me" but to the blog.  They say there used to be a widget for that but, it's not available now.  !?!

No comments: