Quilt labels


I know we "should" label all our quilts.  I rarely, if ever do that.  I enjoy seeing antique quilts so much that I decided I really should change that in case one of mine outlives me.

I ordered these sew-in woven from Dutch Label Shop.  They turned out so cute I've already put in another order for the same label with 2022 written under my name.  I'll use these on the quilts I've already made and start with the new ones next year.

It's supposed to read "(Hand) Made by Pat Shipp".  There was no clip art like the hand on the label maker's website so I Google'd hand silhouette.  The one I liked was actually a pair of hands.  I used my computer's Paint program to crop it to one hand and added the lettering.  Then, I uploaded the image to order labels in the size I wanted.  I wanted them small enough to not be intrusive but, big enough to be able to actually read it.  





2 comments:

Nikki said...

I like your label. Very creative!

Time To Quilt said...

Thanks Nikki. The label company really did a great job making them too.