Prism

 I'm going to make a big push to finish as many UFOs as I can before the first of the year.  There are other projects I'd like to make but, none of them will make me happier than getting my list of unfinished projects slimmed down.  I'm hoping to go into 2022 with only 12 UFOs left.

Yesterday, I started working on #17.  It's a batik Prism quilt, the middle quilt in the background of this pattern photo.



When I took the blocks and the two rows I had completed out of the package.  I knew why I didn't finish it.  The colors seemed a little off.  

  
It had too many pinks in it.  I took a few of the blocks apart and reworked them.  They're all cut on the bias so I was as careful as I could be.

I only have about 4 pieces of batik fabrics in my stash, other than a few FQs and some scraps so I wasn't very hopeful that I'd find something to border it with.  I was happy to be wrong about that.

The original quilt pattern finishes at 45" x 55".  I added two rows and I think the border will bring is up to a much nicer size for a lap quilt.  Also,  I wasn't really enthusiastic about the entire outside edges of the quilt being on a bias without a border.

2 comments:

swooze said...

It’s a beauty! Good luck with your UFO goal.

Time To Quilt said...

Thanks Swooze. I need lots and lots of luck, and for life to cooperate and let me get some time in to finish the UFOs. :-)