First finish

 This little quilt (38" x 52") was only begun in December.  It wasn't completed before the end of the year so as far as list keeping goes, it became a UFO on January 1st.  I'm also working on my oldest UFO  so it's nice to get at least one of them checked off!


This is the first time I've quilted with minky backing.  I love it!  So super soft and cuddly.  It's a good thing I like it because I purchased several yards in different colors last year at Joann's with a 60% off sale.  I'd be kicking myself if it didn't work out well.  


I have so many projects going on all at the same time.  
  • Still cutting squares for the two jean quilts.  I may have to slightly alter the pattern. The size of the jeans aren't very big so I need to downsize a few blocks. Trying to make the pieces fit is a lot like working a jig saw puzzle.  
  • Piecing is finished on the Safe Haven UFO(s).  I made 3 tops out of the fabric by just adding a couple of borders and a background from stash.  Hope to quilt the first one on Saturday.
  • Prepping applique pieces for the border of Love Potion #9 and thinking ahead about how I want to quilt it.  If I get sucked into the black hole known as Pinterest looking for quilting ideas.. send a rescue squad to find me!
  • And, I've been using the string blocks for leaders/enders so I'm much further along on those than I expected to be.  
I'm not one to stick my head in the sand but, I am happy to have something I love to do to balance the depressing news from Washington and worry about the pandemic.

2 comments:

Quilty bird said...

I really like the clam shell quilting you did.

Time To Quilt said...

Thank you! This was a groovy board though so I can't take any credit for it. I definitely need to practice some more free hand quilting.