FAb 4 Week #34

 Since I've decided to move quilting and binding my UFO flimsies to my top priority, my goals this week will revolve around specific amounts of times rather than specific task for each quilt.  

I plan to stick with this scheduled until my flimsies are finished.  Three of them are Halloween quilts so I do look forward to having them done this year.  My husband decorates the yard a lot for Halloween so, I need to step up my game on the inside.

I hand stitched the binding down on the two quilts that needed it and once the next step, quilting & binding the flimsies is done, I'll move forward with my plans to finish the rest of my UFOs

Here are my goals for the coming week:


Week #34

  1. Quilt for 2 hours a day
  2. Hand stitch bindings 1/2 hour in the morning and an hour after dinner
  3. Set the finished string blocks into a quilt top (sit down and sew for a 15 minutes break between first and second hour of quilting)
  4. Sunday: prep for next string quilt. Rectangle string blocks using the leftover blues from Seafarer quilt.

I spent today straightening up my sewing room a bit.  I'm already starting to notice the freed up space. Marshall's Dry Goods has a lot of new wide backing prints in and I'd really love to be able to order a couple by the bolt.  I have to make sure I have a dedicated space for them first.

Also. the string blocks for the Toni quilt were all finished and trimmed down.  I had a chance to lay them out and number the blocks so it's ready to go!




Week #33 in review
  1. Piece a frankenbatt and quilt UFO #21 Done!
  2. Assemble UFO #11 to flimsy status On hold until flimsies are quilted and bound.
  3. Piece (new start) Iris quilt pattern from pink & grey FQ's Done! Also quilted, stitching the binding down tonight.
  4. Bind UFO #44  Done! Also bound UFO #21

No comments: