Painted Horse

 I just realized this post was sitting as a "draft" and never posted.  It's a little quilt I made for one of our granddaughters.

I'm really happy with how it turned out. The original post from July 11th (that I never published) is below this picture.
It's quilted with R&S Ripples by Urban Elementz.


Every time I think I have too much stash, I'm reminded of why I do. (Although some quilters I'm sure would laugh at my opinion of "too much".)

I wanted to make my granddaughter a quilt.  She loves unicorns but, I'm really hoping she'll like this one.  I remembered this wild horse panel I had purchased at the beginning of the pandemic when I was spending too much time online!  I just hadn't gotten around to using it yet.

 Going in to quilt it now and then bind it tonight. (I mimicked an idea I saw online for this kit by Memories by the Yard when I searched the panel name "painted horse" by Timeless Treasures.)  I had to do a quick search to remember how to make 4 flying geese at a time and also found a free template to make a square in a square.  I probably shouldn't be trying to skim read directions, especially late at night.. but I did.  As a result, I had the colors for the square in a square reversed the first time so had to re -make those 4 units.

It's not often I feel the urge to make a quilt in a hurry... decide on the design, pull fabrics, AND start cutting it up at 1:00 in the morning.  It was fun though and I'm really happy with how it turned out.

 Convenience is one reason but, looking at your fabric sparks imagining all the possibilities the same way holding a lottery ticket in your hand does. (At least my fabric doesn't turn into just another scrap of paper at midnight!) 


No comments: