Iris Quilt

 I finished hand sewing the binding down on the Iris Quilt today.  (Pattern by Penelope Handmade.)  I sewed it together a little differently than the pattern because I didn't want to make sew a seam down the center of the quilt.  Rather than make two identical halves, I sewed pieced the quilt in columns.



At our quilt guild's installation meeting we were allowed to choose a set of fat quarters.  I don't have much pink (my granddaughter's favorite color) so I choose these pink and greys.


I had pink polka dots on white for the background and a light pink paisley for the backing in my stash.  I decided to start it right away.  As the chair person for Sew & Tell, I really wanted to take it to the next meeting and show my friends.  Also, not wanting to add ANY new starts to the UFO list next year, once I started I was determined not to put it away unfinished so it went to the top of the flimsy pile.

The Modern Twist quilting design boards by Urban Elementz was so fast and easy to use!  I'll be using this one often.  I love the texture it added.



1 comment:

swooze said...

I love this quilt. I have been using a lot of 2.5 x 4.5 bricks lately. Never realized what a popular size it is.