Just a few more! UFO #17 and UFO #18

 I'm on a roll going through my UFO's and reevaluating them.  After today I have 5 more to look at then I'll go back and go through the original 12 I put aside to work on for Stashbuster's random number draw.  I want to know for sure if I need any other supplies so I can limit my fabric shopping to things I need to finish UFO's! 

The rest of my UFO's are flimsies so I've already paired them with backings so I know they'll get completed in the near future.

Here's #17.  The blocks are ready to be set into rows and there is no border.  I'm considering a marbled backing for it since I have one in my stash that will work.  I always use batik backings with batik quilts but, I may not follow that trend in order to get these quilts completed.  I'm going to need a ton of batting as it is!


I have the digital pattern so that's why I don't have the photo but, it's the Prism quilt in the background of the three shown in this picture.



UFO #18 is another one from my Civil War fabric collections called Crossroads.  Of all the UFO's I have from that genre, this one is probably my favorite!  The blocks are pieced and sashing cut.  I have a creamy marbled backing that I think will work well and give it that old fashioned unbleached muslin feel.  I'm sure glad I purchased a bundle of wide backing from Marshall's Dry Goods!  I'm finding a home for all of them so far.




No comments: