Simply Sparkly! UFO #16

 I love this project!  I have everything I need to complete it. The top is only two or three seams away from being finished.  I have quite a few ombre strips left and think they might work to make an interesting Happy Blocks quilt using the free Mary Quilts pattern. If it's not enough, I have a more solid ombre set of leftover strips that I could add to use half of each collection.

The background fabric that I purchased originally from the same line will work better on another quilt I have in my sights so I restashed it and pulled a substitute that I believe will work just as well for the back of Simply Sparkly.  I truly love ombre fabrics and have quite a few on my 'want to make someday' list.

 I can't remember why I didn't finish it but, I have a pretty good idea.  I had an epiphany or sorts yesterday.

I noticed when I was pulling short strings (one of my Fab 4 tasks for this week) that I was allowing myself to get side tracked.  And as a lot of quilters say - chasing squirrels!

My goal is to list any additional fabric or supplies I might need to finish projects and i reevaluate them.  I pulled a background fabric from the shelf to go with the strings and went to look at the pattern to check that I have enough yardage.  Then, I went and looked at another pattern option.

I woke up this morning anxious to begin that new string project!  Nooooooooooo!  That's how UFO's are created!  An inspiration strikes and you can't wait to get started.  I need to condition myself to wait.  I took the first step and put the newly sorted strings away and noted the two possible patterns under consideration.

I went to the movies with my granddaughter to see Disney Jungle Cruise.  It was a cute movie and after shopping for her new pair of pink jeans I came home and quilted another 3 yard quilt.  I'll get it bound this week and take a few photos of it and the other 3 yard quilts I've recently finished.




No comments: