Boho rails

I'm going to call this quilt "Boho Rails" because that's what it looks like to me.  And, because I want to count it as my first quilt in the Scrap Busting Series.

It's based on the free Toni Quilt pattern by GE Designs.  The blocks also look a lot like Chinese Coins.  Considering the batik scraps were pieced using a foundation, they're also string blocks.  In the quilting world, there are often several names for the same block and many variations of traditional blocks with new names, just to keep things fun!

50" x 70"

Here's a close up of the sections and the alternate block fabric I used.  

When I asked for recommendations to use up some short batik scraps, this pattern was one of the suggestions offered by Stashbuster member, Liz in Houston.   She's been posting a lot of interesting  quilts from her Scrap Busting Series. using a No Scraps Left Behind block.  Those two things combined is what really intrigued me about using a rail fence block to do my own Scrap Busting Series of quilts.  I'm really excited to get going on it and see how many quilts I can make from my scraps.  (Of course they multiply overnight so it may be a never ending endeavor, and that's okay too. 😍)  

Here's a photo of the Toni Pattern again with a pretty standard four rail block.



No comments: