Weaver Fever UFO #11

 I finally finished this monster!  It's a lot bigger than I normally like to make... and it reminded me why that is.  


It was tough to get a good photo.  I stood on a ladder to take this one and just snapped it about 5 minutes before it started pouring rain.

Here's another shot:



And, a close up of the fabrics.  Quilted with Sound Wave by Urban Elementz.


It *should* have been easy to piece.  Sew sets together and cross-cut.  The problem, and why I'm guessing I put it aside years ago, was that two of the fabrics were so close in saturation of color you lost the pattern when they were sewn together.  So, I took nearly all of the 3,648 pieces apart, substituted a different fabric and sewed them back together.   

Yeah, I probably should have made a sample block!
Here's the original post where you can see the pile of fabrics I pulled out of the bag to finally turn this into a quilt.  

To say I'm glad it's finally done would be a gross understatement. But, another one checked off this UFO list.
Onto the next UFO, still have quite a few I'd like to finish this year!


No comments: