Rainbow Rails

My Fab 4 is mostly done for this week.  I'll work on the blue strings a little more this Sunday but, I took time to play some more in the scraps.  Now that I tore my sewing room apart and (mostly) put it back together, I can actually see what I have.  There are still a few piles in other rooms of things that needed to be relocated but, the room looks and feels so much better!  It was worth the agonizing 3 or 4 days it took to do it.

I had a lot of spectrum solids left on my cutting table from my Good Vibrations quilt finished last week.  Rather than put them away, I decided to go ahead and use them in my Scrap Busting series.   I'm kind of loving these! 


The block I'm using for my scrap busting series of quilts is the Rail Fence.  I plan to take a lot of liberties in what I think falls in that category.  I already have a ton of ideas!

 I'm not competing with anyone and I doubt the quilt police will come after me so, it doesn't matter, right?  Such simple blocks and so many interpretations, settings, and possibilities!  I think this is going to be fun.

Here are two examples of what's commonly recognized as the Rail Fence quilt block.



No comments: